Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Hey Comcast!

OK new rant for the day...this one is about my cable TV...

Comcast Boasts that they have thousands of hours of "on demand" television.

Myself, I am a big hockey fan. It is one of the few things I will STOP to watch, and actually pay attention to. So I figure "hey, I haven't seen a game in awhile...let me grab it on demand."

So I go through the maze of menus, and finally find "Flyers" (Hey I'm a hockey fan, and even watching a crappy team can get me my fix "LET'S GO RANGERS!")...

"No listings available"....what? NO game? huh... That makes no sense...they did play Saturday, why can't I get that?...It was only 2 days ago....

So I goof around in the menus...I did happen to find 14 selections of AAA HIGH SCHOOL swmming/diving events, and some of these events are 3 hours long...

So comcast thinks that they have to save programming space for 30+ hours of high school sports, but cannot leave ONE SINGLE flyers game on the system for more than 24 hours?

I hope the mommies and daddies of these lil fishies have to pay extra for their kids to go to school, for the pleasure of being able to tell Bob next door to watch the kid on TV. Because we all know the local high school pulls in more viewers then the Flyers...Maybe the local swimming hole should be move to the Wachovia.

Thanks for the thousands of hours of programming comcast, I personally only wanted 2 and a half, preferably pointed at a little black disc with a bunch of guys chasing it around...

Side rant...Vs. (formerly the "outdoor life network") carries NHL Hockey as well...(NHL WTF were you thinking signing that contract)...they carry games outside the region (i.e. for when I don't wanna watch the sucky Flyers)...yeah...your "On Demand" selections consist of 15 min outtakes of the games...

Dear Mr. CEO of the Vs. network...Please send me a copy of your video of the birth of your child, so that I can cut it down to "only the important parts". I would also like to make a pet project of your wedding video, your kids first steps, and I will be sure to cut it "professionally" into 10 second clips....I'll be sure to make your entire wedding ceremony fits into 7 mins (just like an ENTIRE NHL game in your recaps), and then be sure to ad in clips of other people's weddings for the last 7 minutes, covered by "commentary" from useless individuals.

Cmon now...somebody just show a game...

No comments: